Sky Business Broadband
Business broadband is of utmost importance for companies; internet connections allow for web browsing, unlimited Calling, and downloading and uploading information. Sky Business Broadband is one of many options you may decide is best for your company. Often the connections are more reliable due to the use of static IP addresses, bandwidth is higher, and thus speeds are faster, and purchasing more in bulk can give rise to discounts. As a result, customers can reach workers faster, colleagues can converse amongst themselves remotely and increase productivity, and overall, each person is more easily reachable.
History of Sky Business Broadband
Sky UK Limited is a massive British internet service provider company with many products and services. Sky Broadband’s subsidiary was introduced in 2006 when EasyNet was bought by Sky UK and renamed, offering broadband and fibre networks to the British public. More recently, Sky found Sky Connect, broadband services specifically for business and not home use. Companies finally had reliable and secure broadband, allowing them to keep their business online using the fast internet connection to go about their daily itineraries.
Currently, Sky Connect offers three plans for businesses.
1: ‘Advantage’ is the most straightforward package at present, with superfast broadband speeds of 76Mbps for downloads and 19Mbps for uploads. There are no restrictions in regards to web browsing and downloading. So the company benefits from unlimited internet usage to allow them to contact their colleagues and clients with no limitations.
Likewise, calling UK landlines and mobiles are also unlimited. The package also comes with protection against malware like Trojan horses and Spyware, which are detrimental to private data and accounts which must be defended. In addition, VoiceEdge is a remarkable feature that allows for the organisation of calls in a way that will always keep the company connected.
VoiceEdge also comes with various call features, like recording voicemail messages, saving voicemails, anonymous call rejection, call Barring and do-not-disturb; this is available for only one voice line. Available for a two- or three-year contract at £39 a month, this is the ideal plan for small businesses that are just starting to get off the ground.
2: ‘Advantage Pro’, formerly £55 monthly for a two-year or three-year contract, is now £27.50 a month for the first six months. It consists of all the features from ‘Advantage’ at the same speeds and the always-on internet feature whereby if the broadband disconnects even for a minute, the devices automatically connect to the 4G backup service, which will provide a dependable internet connection instead. Moreover, the connection will never cease, so employees will always be reachable and able to use the internet; this backup is installed for a further £79.
3: The last package, ‘Advantage Max’, is the most advanced of all three plans and useful for growing businesses attempting to develop. Each feature from ‘Advantage Pro’ is present, in addition to a connection of up to four digital phone lines with VoiceEdge. Useful features of this include:
- ‘sequential ring‘ where calls are passed on in order if the device prior does not pick up.
- ‘simultaneous ring’ so that all phones ring allowing for the possibility of an employee to pick up if one is absent, and lastly
- ‘hunt groups‘ where a group of phones will ring either until someone picks up or will stop if no one answers, depending on the mode it is set to. At £95 a month for a two-year contract, this is the greatest package that Sky Connect has.
For all three plans, there can be additional add-ons to improve them further. For £3 monthly, a static IP address can be provided that keeps the IP address the same. Employees can log into the company website, their emails or any business data that they need to access remotely and from any location.
The connection is also more secure and offers consistency, allowing customers to find your websites more easily. Furthermore, an extra £12 monthly will allow for 500 minutes of international calls for ‘Advantage’ and ‘Advantage Pro’, or £16 monthly for 750 minutes of international calls for ‘Advantage Max’, all to 48 locations globally. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee for customers who are not content with the features provided.
It should be noted that contract prices do not include Vat at 20%, installation of always-on internet 4G backup for £79, or £12 postage. Contract lengths can be adjusted if necessary, but Sky Connect must be contacted to do so.
The full list of the full VoiceEdge features can be found here:
1. Simultaneous ring: all phones ringing at once
2. Sequential ring: phones ringing in a set order
3. Call Forward: sending the call to another device
4. Call Forward when busy: sending the call to another device when one is busy
5. Call Forward no answer: sending the call to another device when one is not picking up
6. Call Forward not reachable: sending the call to another device when one device cannot be connected
7. Voicemail: an electronic system that stores messages
8. Voicemail message waiting alert: a customised message
9. Anon Reject: rejection of non-ID phone call
10. Call Barring: not allowing phone calls from set numbers
11. Call Waiting: notification when a device is being used and has another call incoming
12. Do not Disturb: a setting to reject all calls
13. Hunt Group Sequential: phones ring one by one
14. Hunt Group Simultaneous: all phones of a group ring
15. 3-way Calling: phone calls between 3 devices
16. Call Return: calls back the last number
17. Call Transfer: calls can be forwarded
18. Last number redial: the last incoming call is dialled
19. Caller Line ID Blocking: blocks specific numbers
20. Caller ID delivery inbound: phone number details of an incoming call
21. Caller ID delivery outbound: phone number details other see when you call
22. Inbound outbound dialling: centre where calls can be received and made
23. Extension dialling: specific numbers allocated to departments so they can be called individually
24. Regulatory Compliance: laws and regulations
To conclude, Sky Connect is a subsidiary of Sky UK, providing broadband specifically for small businesses. Packages can be chosen that is most tailored to the size and needs of the business with transparent pricing and a 30-day money-back guarantee providing the security customers need to try out the services and then decide whether they would benefit from continuing.
Other useful links about business broadband
Guess Wifi for Businesses
EE Business Broadband
What makes business broadband, business? | Compare Your Business Costs
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way from business advice, or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as: