How to get the Best Business Broadband Deals
Getting the best business broadband deals can be a minefield. BT & Virgin Media have historically owned most of the market but over recent years more providers are emerging with better deals. So how do you pick one? Hopefully we can help you out with this guide.
You will understand more about business broadband, the importance of broadband speeds and some general tips on bagging yourself the best business broadband deals.Its like one of those ultimate guides except not as cheesy or boring!
Business Broadband Deals – Whats the difference?
If you have been looking at business broadband deals you have probably seen lots of offers that seem similar but how can you tell them apart? Well first its important to understand what you need, so things to factor in include:
- The Speed – No one likes buffering! Obvious comment to make but speed is crucial to weather your broadband connection can keep up with the demands of your business. The lower the price often means the lower the speed. You might see a good deal for £10 a month less but it may half your speed.
- Customer Service – Do you prefer a UK based customer service team? Award winning 24 hour support? Trusted feedback on review sites? Cheap business broadband deals are great but always research the company to ensure its the right fit for you.
- The contention – BT business broadband may come up as the best business broadband service in your area, However if its popular among other businesses in the same area it may well get over subscribed. If there are 40 other businesses using the same line then you can expect the speeds to be much less than advertised & the line will often go down completely at peak times – just like home broadband.
- Contract Length – If you are a small business looking to get a line installed but have plans to grow in the next few months & know business broadband will not be sufficient its sometimes better to get the higher end service like a dedicated leased line from the get go.
How to get the best business broadband deals.
- Understand your needs – Before looking at business broadband deals the most important thing is to understand what speeds & additional features you need. Some businesses need unlimited downloads, additional phone numbers or free line rental. Most business broadband deals will provide static IP addresses which are often important for any online businesses.
- Add some other services in – Business broadband, like home broadband, is a commodity now so by using economies of scale you can bundle in other services & negotiate a discount with the provider. Can include things like phone lines, security, cloud services etc.
- Do a Comparison – Comparing the best business broadband deals individually can take hours & bombard you with tonnes of sales calls. Doing a comparison for your business broadband with us will save you time & money & ensure you sign with a proven & reputable provider.
Who is the best Internet Provider for Small Businesses?
There really is no single “best provider” when it comes to ISP’s & there are a few reasons for this. The Internet service & speeds you get largely depends on the area you are located in. So BT business broadband might be great in one area but awful in another.
Sam knows has a great tool for telling you whats available here – If the results say BT FTTC is enabled it means you can get fibre broadband. It doesn’t need to be from BT either! Once you have the results do the comparison & you will have a range of fibre business broadband providers & most will be cheaper than BT.
We have jotted our thoughts down on some of the best known UK business broadband suppliers. Lets start with the big boy!
BT Business Broadband
BT business Fibre broadband is split into two with the Ultrafast only available in selected locations. The categories are Superfast (up to 76Mbps) or Ultrafast (up to 314Mbps).
BT is a huge household name & still owns most of the market which certainly has its advantages but the main disadvantage we see is they are rarely the cheapest. BT re-sellers like focus group often sell BT broadband cheaper than BT themselves do. If BT is strong in your area we would always advise to look at some of the re-seller partners who come up in your comparison results who will give you the same service but at a better price.
Vodafone Business Broadband
Vodafone business broadband is a great option for small businesses as they are extremely competitive on cost. As it stands all their broadband is under £25 per month. We have taken the below table from their website which we think is quite informative.
TalkTalk Business Broadband
TalkTalk Business Broadband often do some great business broadband packages & come with no installs or set up costs & often throw in some free security too. To find out who can give you the best business broadband deals in your area run a comparison today.
Virgin Media Business Broadband
Virgin Media Business Broadband have the strongest focus on speed & can now offer up to 500Mb for business broadband customers. However its got a £50 install fee & is £70 per month so it is a bit of a jump up in price. Most small businesses or light internet users will never need that much & would be fine on a standard business broadband deal. Again, its about understanding what you need.
Is business Broadband better than residential?
If you have a small business its no secret that keeping costs low is important, so many are tempted to run their office on a residential broadband line as they are slightly cheaper. So we thought it was a good idea to give you some reasons not to & explain the difference between the two.
Fibre Business Broadband Speeds
Business broadband speeds can often be higher than residential especially when it comes to upload speeds. These are important for uploading files, sending e-mails with attachments, making video calls etc. Business broadband customers also get their speeds prioritised over residential customers.
While most fibre business broadband speeds will go up to 76Mb, there are now some providers who can offer up to 500Mb. However these are never guaranteed and its important to understand you may get less than the speed advertised. If you require guaranteed speeds for your business internet have a look at a dedicated leased line instead.
Business Broadband Customer Service
This is the single biggest difference you will find between business & residential broadband deals. Business broadband customers get prioritised by providers which means you get better customer support, prioritised technical assistance & any faults get fixed quicker.
Some business broadband deals will also include a Service Level Agreement which gives you money back if the service falls below that agreement.
Business Broadband Static IP addresses
Most business broadband providers will give a static IP address as standard which is often needed for a number of reasons – accessing computers remotely, running a website, hosting a server etc. Residential broadband will usually give you a dynamic IP which means it changes every time you log on.
This all may mean very little to you but your IT team s would prefer static IP!
Comparing the Best business broadband deals
We would love to help you compare the best business broadband deals so have made it really easy for you. Simply request a business broadband comparison using our 30 second form, have a quick chat with one of our team & sit back & get your quotes. This will enable you to effortlessly enjoy savings and dedicate your time to something more productive.