What Type of Bin Does My Business Need?
Once you’ve determined that your business needs a commercial waste bin, the next question is what type of bin you’ll need. While your average business doesn’t produce hazardous waste or glass, bars and restaurants may have more recyclable food waste than an office setting. Below are tips to help you decide which type of commercial waste bin to purchase and whether or not you may need additional commercial waste collections for your business. Listed below are some of the most common types of commercial waste bins.
Please click here for more information and pricing on commercial waste.
What Type of Bin: Food Waste Bins
If you own a restaurant or other business that produces large quantities of food waste, you probably already know the importance of using food waste bins for your disposal. You may consider purchasing a commercial-grade food waste bin to eliminate the need to haul the waste yourself. Unlike the home version, commercial-grade bins are available in various sizes. When buying a commercial-grade bin, choose one that is easy to empty, as this will help keep your food waste bins out of the way and increase your business’s profits. Proper disposal of commercial waste is of critical importance to the success of your business.
You can also consider buying a backyard compost bin. These bins can be purchased at local hardware stores or online. However, they can be pretty expensive. In addition to buying bins that fit your needs and are easy to clean, you should buy enough food to avoid overstocking. If you can’t afford the bin, consider purchasing a smaller one instead. Overstocking can lead to increased commercial food waste. The size and weight of your bin will affect how much it costs to have it collected and disposed of.
What Type of Bin: Hazardous Waste Bins
Many different types of hazardous waste must be appropriately handled. This waste can be solid, liquid, or even a gas; if it is not handled correctly, it can pollute the environment and pose a health hazard. This waste should never be poured down a drain, river, or landfill.
If you generate hazardous waste in the UK, you will need to ensure that it is stored and disposed of safely and legally. To obtain a hazardous waste bin, you will need to follow these steps:
- Identify your waste: Determine the type and amount of hazardous waste you generate. You can do this by conducting a waste assessment or by consulting with a waste management specialist.
- Find a waste management company: Research and contact licensed waste management companies in your area to find one that can provide hazardous waste collection and disposal services. The company can provide you with a hazardous waste bin as part of their service.
- Arrange a waste collection schedule: Discuss your hazardous waste management needs with the waste management company and arrange a regular collection schedule that suits your business needs.
- Obtain appropriate documentation: Ensure that you obtain all necessary documentation, such as a consignment note, to accompany your hazardous waste during transportation and disposal.
- Ensure compliance: Ensure that your hazardous waste is stored, transported, and disposed of in compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
It is important to note that you should not store hazardous waste in a standard bin or container, as this can be dangerous and illegal. Instead, hazardous waste should be stored in a specialized bin or container that is designed to safely contain the specific type of hazardous waste being generated. By working with a licensed waste management company, you can ensure that your hazardous waste is safely and legally managed, and that you have access to the appropriate containers and services to meet your needs.
|Colour coded bins
|Yellow & Black
|Infectious waste to be disposed of immediately
|Anatomical waste (hazardous and non-hazardous)
|Infectious waste which is sent for treatment
|Cytostatic and cytotoxic medicinal products such as sharps
|Medicinal waste such as part empty containers,out of date medicine etc
|Non-infectious/hazardous hygiene waste
What Type of Bin: Glass Waste Bins.
Many businesses produce glass waste. If your business is one of them, it will benefit from having a glass waste bin. This will save you space, money, and time, as you will no longer have to take it to a recycling facility. Glass waste is generally deposited into 140-litre wheelie bins in the form of entire bottles. These bins tend to fill up quickly. A glass waste bin will help you save space and time. A glass waste bin is a great way to cut down on the amount of waste you have while increasing your recycling rate.
- Glass waste is the most common type in offices and restaurants, as many employees bring their lunches to work and then dispose of them in these bins.
- A glass collector will also be able to give your staff a refresher course on what can and cannot be recycled and what should be thrown away.
- The economics of glass recycling make it difficult to recover this material from single streams.
- Recycling glass can be tricky, and many materials recovery facilities do not have the equipment to separate recyclable glass from non-recyclable waste. This means that businesses must purchase a glass waste bin for their business.
- While this is an extra cost, the benefits are well worth the cost. With glass recycling in mind, your business can recycle more and save money.
- Before recycling glass, you must first separate your waste by colour. While some recycling companies require that glass products be separated by colour, others are more flexible and accept glass in any shape.
If you do not separate the waste, it could be contaminated. You can sell your used glass or find a glass recycling centre that reuses this type of waste to prevent this. These recycling centres are always looking for new glass waste opportunities and are ready to help you. Consider installing a glass collection system if you own a glass waste collection company. Many of these systems allow you to monitor glass waste collection and recycling.
A glass bin can help keep your business up to date on all recycling laws and your environmental footprint. Regardless of the type of business, a glass waste bin can help you save money by reducing your business’s amount of garbage. The right solution for your glass collection needs is here!
What Type of Bin – Learn more about UK business waste statistics here
Other useful links from our Commercial Waste Centre
The Benefits of Dry Mixed Recycling
Looking After Your Business Bins
Commercial Skip Hire – How to Find a Cheap Deal
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way from business advice, or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as:
Ally Cox is a dedicated Copywriter and Blogger for CompareYourBusinessCosts.co.uk. In under two years, the platform achieved the esteemed accolade of ‘Website of the Year’. Since its award-winning debut, Ally has been instrumental in fostering organic growth for the website, expanding its offerings to encompass comparisons across a diverse range of over 20 products to help serve all your business needs.