When you compare business electricity prices, you may find there seem to be hundreds of comparison sites & providers offering to save you money on your energy tariffs. How do you decide who is giving you the best deal? We have written this guide to help you pick or negotiate a better rate one your electricity bills.
5 of the best tips to compare business electricity prices.
- 1.Find out the important details from your current energy suppliers.
There is lots of information that could be handy to know when you switch supplier. But we think the most important ones are your current electricity supply & price per kwh. When comparing prices for electricity at you business premises you can know exactly how much you will save by having this information. Its also handy to have your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) which can usually be found on your bill.
- 2. Know your current business energy usage.
If you are looking for the cheapest tariff electricity per years it makes sense to know exactly what your business currently uses & how you can reduce that business electricity quote. We have written about the best ways to reduce your energy bill which can help you with the electricity consumption & hope it can help your business save money on their electricity rates.
Deemed rates are also known as out of contract rates & are usually much higher than your standard business electricity rates. When you are out of contract you automatically get put onto deemed rates or if you move into a place & start using the business electricity without a formal contract. What this means is if you compare business electricity prices & get two similar quotes, a factor to help you decide is by seeing how their deemed business electricity rates differ.
- 4. Consider Contract Term & type of electricity
Most people take out business electricity on a standard 1 year contract. However, if you took it out on a longer term you could save yourself some money & not have to worry about renewing for the next few years. We can never tell if electricity prices will suddenly go up or down so it can be a bit of a risk.
The type of business electricity supplier you choose can have an impact too. Getting a green business electricity supplier is great for the environment but may cost you a little more. They are decreasing all the time and companies like bulb are really disrupting the energy industry so we wouldn’t suggest ruling them out either.
- 5. Compare business electricity prices with a trusted comparison site.
Maybe one rated as excellent on trust pilot, who writes a good blog, called compare your business costs? Oh us! Yes we would love to help you save money when you compare business electricity costs & are confident we can. We partner with the biggest and best business electricity suppliers in the UK & can get you a quote in minutes.
Other points that impact comparing business electricity costs
Business electricity costs are not always as straight forward as what we are used to with our home energy. This is mostly down to the fact that there are more business electricity plans than there are for home customers. For businesses the right plan will depend on the type, size, location, cost etc of your business.
You may have also heard the term micro-business & wonder what that entails when it comes to business energy its not quite the same as its generic meaning. A micro-business to energy suppliers is simply any business who:
- employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or
- uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or
- uses no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.
Ofgem are the regulator of business gas & electricity & work hard to ensure that micro-businesses are treated fairly & have access to deals that are appropriate.
Some other points that have an impact are:
- Your business electricity Meter type
- Your Company credit rating
- Half-Hourly Metered (HH) & P272 Plans
- Fixed rate or flexible rate
- Business Smart Meters
- Price hikes
Beat price hikes when you compare business electricity prices
Since 2015 business electricity rates have increased by a massive 25%. The only way you can confidently get yourself the best rates going is by comparing different suppliers as soon as possible. You can negotiate a deal up to 12 months in advance and be assured you will switch over in time & never overpay you business electricity. Saving when you compare business electricity prices has never been easier :
- Compare business electricity providers – We work with one of the biggest ranges of business energy suppliers so can compare the full market quickly and easily.
- Pick a new supplier – Once you have run the comparison your job is simply pick the best quote & make the switch for your business electricity.
- Enjoy dedicated account management, top levels of customer service & your business energy savings.
We have already helped saved thousands of customers money on their business electricity & would love to do the same for you.