What is EPOS in Accounting?
Accountants utilise Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems to streamline accounting processes and gain insights into business operations. They integrate EPOS systems with accounting software to automate the recording of sales transactions, manage inventory, and reconcile financial data efficiently. Accountants leverage the real-time reporting and analytics capabilities of EPOS systems to track sales performance, monitor inventory levels, and analyse customer trends. By utilising EPOS data, accountants can generate accurate financial reports, identify cost-saving opportunities, and provide strategic recommendations to improve business profitability and efficiency. EPOS systems serve as valuable tools for accountants to enhance their clients’ financial management processes and drive informed decision-making.
If you would like to read more information or learn more about the pricing of EPOS Systems, you can do so here.
Cost of EPOS in Accounting
The cost of Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems in accounting can vary depending on several factors, including the features and functionality of the software, the size and complexity of your business, and the pricing structure of the EPOS provider. Here are some cost considerations related to EPOS systems in accounting:
- Software Licensing Fees
- Hardware Costs
- Installation and Setup
- Transaction Fees
- Support and Maintenance
- Additional Features and Add-ons
- Cloud-Based vs On-Premises Solutions
|Card payment machines for small businesses:
|1- or 12-month contract & £0-£150 setup fee
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|12-18 months’ contract & £150 setup fee
|18-month contract & mix of costs
|1- or 6-month contract & monthly min charge applies
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|Get quote, personalised onboarding
|Short online form, quick acceptance.
|Online registration with verification steps
|Get quote, online sign-up
|Tailored quote, personalised onboarding
|Get quote, start within a week
|Short online form, quick acceptance
|Tailored packages, great customer service
|Low fixed rate, Cheapest terminals
|Flexible across borders
|Great for existing Barclays customers
|24/7 sales support, better fees for £250k + turnover
|Short contracts, great terminals
Benefits of using EPOS in Accounting
- Accuracy in Transaction Recording
- Real-Time Reporting and Analytics
- Inventory Management
- Enhanced Customer Service
- Integration with Accounting Software
- Efficiency and Time Savings
- Fraud Prevention and Security
- Scalability and Flexibility
Overall, the use of EPOS systems in accounting streamlines business operations, improves accuracy and efficiency, enhances customer service, and provides valuable insights for informed decision-making.
Cost of Sage 50
- Sage 50 Accounts Standard: Starts from £92.00+VAT/mo, and
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional: Starts from £186.00 +VAT/mo
Both come with a 30 day free trial.
What to Look For in EPOS Software For Accountants
- Look for EPOS software that seamlessly integrates with popular accounting software platforms such as QuickBooks, Xero, or Sage. Integration allows for automatic syncing of sales data, invoices, and payment transactions, streamlining the accounting process and reducing manual data entry errors.
- Choose EPOS software that offers robust reporting and analytics capabilities tailored to the needs of accountants. Advanced reporting features allow for detailed analysis of sales trends, inventory performance, and customer behaviour, enabling accountants to provide valuable insights and strategic recommendations to their clients.
- If your clients operate multiple retail locations, opt for EPOS software that supports multi-store management functionality. This feature allows for centralised control and oversight of sales, inventory, and customer data across multiple locations, simplifying accounting and reporting for businesses with diverse operations.
- Select EPOS software with comprehensive inventory management and stock control features. The ability to track stock levels, manage product variations, and set reorder points ensures accurate inventory valuation and helps prevent stockouts or overstock situations that can impact financial performance.
- Prioritise EPOS software that adheres to industry standards and best practices for security and compliance. Features such as data encryption, user authentication, and audit trails help safeguard sensitive financial information and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
- Consider EPOS software that includes built-in CRM functionality to manage customer relationships and drive loyalty initiatives. CRM features enable accountants to track customer interactions, segment customer data, and execute targeted marketing campaigns to enhance client engagement and retention.
- Evaluate the user interface and ease of use of the EPOS software to ensure that clients can quickly learn and navigate the system. Look for software providers that offer comprehensive training resources, tutorials, and customer support to assist with onboarding and troubleshooting.
- Choose EPOS software that is scalable and flexible to accommodate the evolving needs of your clients’ businesses. Whether expanding operations, adding new products or services, or integrating with third-party applications, scalable EPOS software can grow with the business and adapt to changing requirements over time.
What is EPOS in Accounting – Other Useful links about Merchant Accounts:
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as:
Ally Cox is a dedicated Copywriter and Blogger for CompareYourBusinessCosts.co.uk. In under two years, the platform achieved the esteemed accolade of ‘Website of the Year’. Since its award-winning debut, Ally has been instrumental in fostering organic growth for the website, expanding its offerings to encompass comparisons across a diverse range of over 20 products to help serve all your business needs.