VoIP VPN – How to Use VoIP in Countries That Block VoIP
A VoIP VPN is a great way to bypass the geographic restrictions that block VoIP. Governments and authorities closely control most ISPs, and using VoIP in a restricted country can get you on a watch list and potentially prosecuted. VPNs ensure that your identity and location are anonymous and no one can track your IP address. It can help you use VoIP service in countries that block VoIP and let their citizens communicate with each other without the cost of expensive international calls.
For further information and pricing on phone systems, click here.
VoIP VPN: It Can Bypass Geo-Restrictions
Without blocking VoIP services with a VPN, VPN can bypass geo-restrictions to access VoIP services.
With servers located worldwide and strong encryption, a VPN can protect your privacy and prevent your ISP from intercepting your communications. If you use a VPN to access VoIP, you can avoid the dangers of being tracked by the government or a private third party. Using a VPN, you can access VoIP services in countries that do not allow third-party applications. VoIP services are becoming increasingly popular thanks to their cost-effectiveness and privacy.
However, certain countries still block VoIP because of government censorship or monopolies. VoIP services are restricted in countries such as China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Qatar because they are too expensive for the government to handle. A VPN can help you circumvent these restrictions by setting up an encrypted private tunnel redirecting your VoIP traffic to another server.
VoIP VPN: Free Services
But very few of them are suitable for VoIP calls. Free VPN services have invasive privacy policies, harvest user data, lack essential security features, and slow servers. In addition, some of them contain spyware that could harm your privacy. You might even end up losing your call because of these problems. So it’s essential to choose a reputable VPN.
VoIP VPN: Encryption
There are many factors that you should consider when choosing a VPN. The first and most important factor is how much you are willing to spend. Generally, free VPNs are tempting, but they tend to monetize your data, and you might be unable to trust them.
- Instead, look for a VPN with affordable packages and a subscription option.
- Then, choose a plan that best suits your needs and budget.
- Most VPNs offer monthly, yearly, and bi-annual plans.
- Choose a VPN that offers multiple payment methods, such as PayPal or Bitcoin.
- Another important aspect of encryption is the level of privacy the VPN service offers.
- You might not feel comfortable revealing your real identity if you are abroad, as this will help protect your identity and data and protect you when using public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Some VPN services, like NordVPN, also do not send unsolicited emails to their subscribers and promise not to spam them. Generally speaking, VPNs are best for people with something to hide. Perhaps you’re worried about discrimination at work, or you don’t want your location revealed to a stranger.
Similarly, people living in countries with restrictive policies on internet activity might need a VPN to protect their anonymity. Fortunately, encryption has many advantages over plain old anonymity. By securing your online activities, you can avoid any identity theft risk and ensure that no one can find you. Setting up a VPN for VoIP on your iPhone or iPad You may be wondering how to set up a VPN for VoIP on your iPhone and iPad.
While the internet offers many free services, not all are suitable for VoIP calls. Some are invasive in their privacy policies, harvest user data, and lack essential security features. Others have slow servers and contain spyware. If you want to stay anonymous while browsing the internet, you need a VPN. A VPN will enable you to connect to servers in foreign countries, ensuring that no one can listen to your conversations.
As a result, you will appear to be in a different country, thus letting you enjoy VoIP services just like you would when you were abroad. It’s also an excellent way to protect your privacy since local governments may have blocked VoIP in their countries. This can result in hefty fines if you violate their laws.
VoIP VPN: NordVPN
The best VPNs for VoIP come with many features. NordVPN’s network of over 10,000 servers is spread across eighty countries. Its massive network of servers avoids congestion and provides incredible speeds. It also has the WireGuard protocol, which allows it to operate in countries where VoIP is blocked.
- With NordVPN, you’ll be able to use VoIP services from any country, including Russia, the U.S., and even China.
- It takes a few minutes to set up and comes with a 30- day money-back guarantee.
VoIP VPN: ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is an excellent choice for VoIP users. Its network of over 145 servers in 94 countries is enormous and good news for VoIP users. Moreover, it’s zero traffic logging policy prevents third parties from spying on your calls.
- It also uses 256-bit AES encryption to prevent third parties from monitoring your online activities.
- It’s easy to install and set up.
- Plus, ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- ExpressVPN has been in business since 2009 and has consistently been one of the most secure and reliable VPNs available.
- The company has optimised every aspect of its service, and its apps work across all major operating systems.
- Moreover, these apps have advanced security features like killswitch and DNS leak protection.
- They’re especially well-suited for VoIP apps in countries where VoIP is illegal.
- However, this VPN doesn’t just protect you from internet threats and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a referral program.
Another VPN service with a massive network of servers in more than 80 countries, ExpressVPN has one of the largest networks. With over ten thousand servers in 78 countries, it doesn’t experience congestion issues. You can enjoy excellent speeds with unlimited bandwidth. You can also chat with anyone you want with the help of its 24/7 live chat support. The service comes with a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the service.
VoIP VPN: vCyberGhost
The free version of CyberGhost VoIP VPN is not very useful if you want to make calls or surf the web in secret. The free trial only offers a limited number of servers. To get full access to its servers, you need to purchase a paid subscription. CyberGhost offers money-back guarantees and 24/7 live support. Once you have purchased a subscription, you can set it up on your router or computer. The interface of CyberGhost VPN is simple and unobtrusive, primarily in grey and black.
- Users generally like CyberGhost, but some have complained about connection problems, making your Internet experience slow.
- However, the overall score of CyberGhost is very high, and users recommend this product.
- Another benefit of a VPN for VoIP services is that it can help you remain entirely anonymous and hidden.
- VPN servers located in countries that are more friendly to VoIP can offer you excellent encryption and extra security features.
- This helps protect you from surveillance agencies who might thwart your calls.
- Additionally, obfuscated servers and robust data protection ensure that no one can see the location of your VoIP calls.
VoIP VPN: Private Internet Access
A VPN service like Private Internet Access offers several benefits. You get unlimited bandwidth and can perform data-intensive tasks like downloading videos and browsing the web. You can also unblock popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and live TV. Private Internet Access also has a firewall and several privacy-enhancing features. You can use the service on most devices. You can also sign up for a special offer which includes two years of service with two months free.
If you want to keep your personal information secure, Private Internet Access offers a dedicated IP server. Unlike shared IPs, dedicated IPs are assigned to a single user. However, you can’t trust the security of your data if other people can see it, but if you need to access business servers, this is a better option. If you’re not concerned about privacy, you can also use this service for business purposes.
VPN services can help you hide your IP address and encrypt your entire Internet connection, which is essential if you’re worried about government restrictions. Some governments and ISPs monitor VoIP traffic and can access it without your knowledge. VPNs ensure your privacy by encrypting your entire Internet connection with military-grade encryption. While VoIP services are widely used worldwide, some countries restrict their use due to telco pressure.
|UK VoIP Providers
| Customer Rating
|Who is it Best For
|£19 per user, per month
Small businesses with big growth plans
|£9 per user, per month
Small businesses looking for a cheap and easy solution
£12 per user, per month (billed annually)
Telesales teams and small businesses with high turnover
|£6 per user, per month
|£10 per user, per month
Companies that need to communicate remotely
£7.99 per user, per month (billed annually)
Small businesses with varied departments
£14.99 per user, per month
Small companies that are based online
Other Useful links about phone systems
Free Call Centre Software
VoIP Phone Systems For Schools
How to Lower Your Business Phone Bill
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as:
Ally Cox is a dedicated Copywriter and Blogger for CompareYourBusinessCosts.co.uk. In under two years, the platform achieved the esteemed accolade of ‘Website of the Year’. Since its award-winning debut, Ally has been instrumental in fostering organic growth for the website, expanding its offerings to encompass comparisons across a diverse range of over 20 products to help serve all your business needs.