Which is the Best EPoS System For Takeaway Restaurants?
You might be wondering which epos system is right for takeaway restaurants. Here’s an overview of some of the best ones: JeM POS, Tapa, TouchBistro, and Square. Read on to learn more. And don’t forget to check out our review of the JeM POS for takeaway. It’ll make the whole process a whole lot easier! Hopefully, this article has answered some of your questions.
If you would like to read more information or learn more about the pricing of EPOS Systems, you can do so here.
What Are the Best EPOS Systems for Takeaway Restaurants?
Determining the best EPoS system for takeaway restaurants depends on various factors including the specific needs and preferences of the business, budget considerations, and desired features. However, some EPoS systems are well-suited for takeaway restaurants due to their tailored functionalities and user-friendly interfaces. Here are a few options worth considering:
- TouchBistro: TouchBistro is a popular EPoS system known for its intuitive design and robust features tailored to the hospitality industry. It offers comprehensive functionalities for takeaway and delivery orders, including order management, menu customisation, integration with delivery platforms, and reporting tools.
- Lightspeed Restaurant: Lightspeed Restaurant is another versatile EPoS solution suitable for takeaway restaurants. It offers features such as order management, inventory tracking, employee management, and integration with third-party delivery services. Lightspeed’s user-friendly interface and comprehensive reporting capabilities make it a suitable choice for takeaway establishments.
- Toast POS: Toast POS is specifically designed for the restaurant industry and offers a range of features ideal for takeaway operations. It provides efficient order management, menu customisation options, integration with online ordering platforms, and reporting tools to track sales and performance.
- Square for Restaurants: Square offers a user-friendly EPoS system tailored to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, including takeaway restaurants. It provides order management features, seamless integration with Square’s online ordering platform, and real-time reporting tools to monitor sales and inventory.
Other Reccomended Takeaway EPOS Providers
|Card payment machines for small businesses:
|1- or 12-month contract & £0-£150 setup fee
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|12-18 months’ contract & £150 setup fee
|18-month contract & mix of costs
|1- or 6-month contract & monthly min charge applies
|No monthly fee & no lock-in
|Get quote, personalised onboarding
|Short online form, quick acceptance.
|Online registration with verification steps
|Get quote, online sign-up
|Tailored quote, personalised onboarding
|Get quote, start within a week
|Short online form, quick acceptance
|Tailored packages, great customer service
|Low fixed rate, Cheapest terminals
|Flexible across borders
|Great for existing Barclays customers
|24/7 sales support, better fees for £250k + turnover
|Short contracts, great terminals
What Features Should an EPOS System For Takeaway Restaurants Have?
An EPOS system designed for takeaway restaurants should have several key features to efficiently manage orders, streamline operations, and enhance customer service:
- The system should allow staff to quickly input and process takeaway orders, including options for customisation, special requests, and order modifications.
- It should enable easy customization of the menu with categories, items, descriptions, and prices, allowing for quick updates and changes as needed.
- The EPOS system should seamlessly integrate with online ordering platforms or websites, enabling customers to place orders online for takeaway and ensuring that orders are accurately recorded and processed.
- For takeaway restaurants offering delivery services, the EPOS system should have features for managing delivery orders, assigning drivers, tracking delivery status, and calculating delivery times.
- The system should include inventory management capabilities to track stock levels of ingredients and items used in takeaway orders, helping to prevent stockouts and manage inventory costs effectively.
- It should support various payment methods, including cash, credit/debit cards, mobile payments, and online payments, providing flexibility for customers and ensuring secure and efficient payment processing.
- The EPOS system should generate detailed reports and analytics on sales performance, order volumes, popular menu items, peak hours, and customer preferences, allowing restaurant owners to make data-driven decisions and optimize operations.
- It should include CRM features to capture customer data, track order history, and facilitate targeted marketing campaigns and loyalty programs to enhance customer retention and satisfaction.
- The system should have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that is easy for staff to navigate and use efficiently during busy periods.
- As the business grows, the EPOS system should be scalable to accommodate increasing order volumes, additional menu items, and expanding operations, providing flexibility for future growth and expansion.
What Integrations Should an EPOS System For Takeaway Restaurants Have?
- Integration with popular online ordering platforms such as Uber Eats, Just Eat, Deliveroo, and DoorDash allows seamless management of online orders, reduces manual data entry, and ensures accurate order processing.
- Integration with secure payment gateways enables smooth processing of various payment methods, including credit/debit cards, mobile payments, and online payments, providing customers with convenient payment options and ensuring secure transactions.
- Integration with delivery management systems streamlines the process of assigning delivery drivers, tracking orders in real-time, optimizing delivery routes, and providing customers with accurate delivery estimates.
- Integration with inventory management software helps track stock levels of ingredients and items used in takeaway orders, automate stock replenishment, and manage inventory costs effectively to prevent stockouts and reduce wastage.
- Integration with accounting software such as QuickBooks or Xero simplifies financial management tasks by automatically syncing sales data, expenses, and revenue from the EPOS system, streamlining bookkeeping processes, and facilitating accurate financial reporting.
- Integration with CRM software allows capture and analysis of customer data, including order history, preferences, and feedback, enabling personalized marketing campaigns, loyalty programs, and targeted promotions to enhance customer engagement and retention.
- Integration with loyalty program platforms enables the implementation of customer loyalty programs, reward schemes, and promotional offers, encouraging repeat business and fostering customer loyalty.
- Integration with reporting and analytics tools provides access to comprehensive insights and performance metrics, including sales trends, order volumes, popular menu items, and customer demographics, empowering informed decision-making and business optimization.
Takeaway Restaurants – Other Useful links from our knowledge centre: –
Debt Collection Agencies
Top Benefits of CRM Systems For Sales Teams
Digital Marketing Trends
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as:
Ally Cox is a dedicated Copywriter and Blogger for CompareYourBusinessCosts.co.uk. In under two years, the platform achieved the esteemed accolade of ‘Website of the Year’. Since its award-winning debut, Ally has been instrumental in fostering organic growth for the website, expanding its offerings to encompass comparisons across a diverse range of over 20 products to help serve all your business needs.