Have you heard of Haven Power before? They are a company that provides sustainable energy to their consumers. If you try to look for them after 2021, you might not find them under the name Haven Power. In 2021, they changed their name to Drax. There is no need to worry, though, because they still provide the same service; it is just this way they can reach their clients better. Please keep reading to learn more about the rebrand of Haven Power and what they do. You may want to consider them to provide your business with the energy it needs to run.
Why Did Haven Power Change Their Name?
Haven Power has been owned by Drax group for the past 12 years. The rebrand hopes are to partner with Drax business partners to achieve all of their sustainability goals. This rebrand gives them access to partnerships that make sustainability easier to obtain and influences sustainability in other aspects of the business.
They have done this rebrand to show their customers that they are committed to a future with low-cost energy and zero carbon footprint. Drax Group is one of the largest renewable electricity suppliers to UK businesses, and they have their renewable generation assets while partnering with over 2,000 independent generators.
What Does Haven Power/Drax Provide?
Drax provides the same services that Haven Power did. The only thing that changed is that they now are partnered with more businesses that will help them be more sustainable. They provide 100% renewable power sources, electric, and smart meters. They help their customers sell the renewable power that they create when they are providing services.
This helps their customers cut costs and reduce emissions when it comes to their energy. With Drax, you can purchase and sell power, and you can also go electric with them to save money. Drax also offers you smart meters to track how much energy you are using. Their smart meters allow you to save money and help the environment by being mindful how much energy you are using.
What Plans Does Haven Power/Drax Offer to Buy Energy?
When you are looking to purchase energy for your business, it is essential to go over all of its plans to see what works best for your business’s needs. Of course, you can contact the company directly, and they can help you find a plan, but here is a brief description of what plans Drax has to offer.
- Fixed Plan – With a fixed plan, you choose how much you pay for a unit of electricity. With this plan, you get the luxury of knowing how much you will pay upfront. This is also a low-risk way to ensure that you do not pay a high energy price. Drax recommends this plan if you use less than 2GWh of electricity each year.
- Flex Plan – With a flex plan, you pay the price of energy based on the current market. With this plan, you get to choose when to buy your energy with the rise and fall of the market. If you track the market, you can strategically purchase your energy and potentially save a lot. This is a high-risk way to save money and is recommended for those who use more than 2GWh of electricity each year.
How do you sell your power with Drax?
There are a couple of ways that you can sell your renewable power with Drax. There are different Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) to choose from, but each way is guaranteed to get you the highest amount possible, and you will get paid on time. Each PPA is customized to work for you to pick the one that best fits your needs.
- Fixed – With the fixed PPA, the price you receive for your energy will be whatever the market value is at the time of your contract. This typically lasts 1 to 3 years. This option allows you to create an accurate budget and have peace of mind knowing what you will be receiving. It is ideal for FiT and RO sites.
- Flex – With the flex PPA, the price you receive for your energy is based on the market. Your payment will be quoted to you. This option is best for larger generators with predictable output, and it is ideal for FiT, RO, and HV sites.
- Bespoke- With the bespoke PPA, the price you receive for your energy is based on many varying factors. Some of these might include peak or off-peak seasons and fixed or indexed payments. This contract has varying lengths and is recommended for HV, RO, and FiT sites. With this PPA, you can choose the price in the market that is best for your needs.
Haven Power, now known as Drax, is a sustainable energy company that provides energy and buys energy. You have read the different payment plans. Now it is time to decide if Drax is the right company for your business needs.
Other useful links about Business Energy
Are Charities Entitled to Energy Discounts?
Switching Business Utilities
Opus Energy for your Business
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way from business advice, or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as: