Enter your details. It only takes one minute.
We compare the market to find you the best 3 quotes
You receive your quotes directly from the provider
Digital Marketing Agencies Compared 2023 – Organic SEO, Google PPC, Social Media Management & More
In this article we compare 7 of the UK’s top digital marketing companies including:
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing refers to using digital channels, such as websites, social media, search engines, email, and online advertising, to promote products, services, and brands. It involves various strategies and tactics, including content creation, social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), paid advertising, email marketing, and analytics, to reach and engage with target audiences, drive website traffic, generate leads, and ultimately achieve marketing goals in the digital realm.
Digital marketing is using online channels to promote and sell products or services. It uses web portals, social media, email, mobile apps and search engine optimisation (SEO) to reach a target audience. It’s an essential tool for businesses looking to expand their reach and connect with new customers.
The digital marketing industry constantly evolves, with new technologies offering marketers many possibilities. These include augmented reality, virtual reality and artificial intelligence. However, it’s important to remember that despite these advances, the principles of digital marketing remain the same. The key is to create relevant and engaging content that will resonate with your target audience.
A successful digital marketing campaign will be data-driven and focus on creating engaging, original content optimised for search engines. It will also be measurable, meaning you can track your results and adjust accordingly. This type of marketing is more effective than traditional methods, which are often less measurable.
If you’re thinking of embarking on a career in digital marketing, there are many ways to gain experience and knowledge of the industry. Many universities offer undergraduate placements and internships, and you can also apply for a marketing apprenticeship. This will allow you to work in a digital marketing team and learn on the job. You could also find a postgraduate qualification in digital marketing, which many universities offer.
In the 1990s, digital marketing was in its infancy. The first online channels emerged, and consumers became more tech-savvy and impatient. They wanted quick checkouts, easy delivery options and fast-loading websites. These trends set the stage for digital marketing to grow into what it is today.
It’s important to shape your digital marketing strategy after determining your business goals. For example, if your company is focused on building brand awareness, you may want to invest in social media and SEO. On the other hand, if your goal is to increase sales, you might need to consider PPC campaigns.
A great example of a digital marketing campaign is Lay’s “What’s Your Sriracha?” contest. This viral video inspired millions to try a new flavour and drove traffic to Lay’s website. It also helped build a community around the brand, ultimately leading to increased sales.
Whether your company is business-to-business or business-to-consumer, digital marketing can help you get more leads and sales.
By analysing your customer’s journey through the buying cycle, you can identify and analyse their online behaviour to determine what is working and what isn’t. You can create more targeted, relevant content and attract potential buyers to your website.
What are the Main Benefits of Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing offers several key advantages, including broader reach and targeting capabilities, cost-effectiveness compared to traditional marketing channels, measurable and trackable results, real-time data analysis for optimisation, enhanced audience engagement through personalised messaging, the ability to reach global audiences, and opportunities for interactive and creative marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing encompasses all of the marketing efforts that happen through Internet-connected devices. This includes email, content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), and paid advertising such as Pay-Per-Click (PPC). It’s become essential for entrepreneurs in the Knowledge Commerce space because it allows them to reach customers through various channels online.
One of the most significant benefits of using digital marketing is that it’s much easier to identify and target your audience. When you advertise in a magazine or on a billboard, it’s impossible to know exactly who will see your ad. However, with digital marketing, you can get very specific about who your audience is and what they’re interested in. This allows you to create more effective marketing campaigns and drive better results.
Another benefit of digital marketing is that it’s easy to track the performance of your campaign in real-time. This allows you to make changes to your strategy quickly and efficiently based on what’s working and what’s not. As a result, you can get the best possible return on your investment and improve your conversion rates and the quality of your leads.
Engaging your audience at every stage with digital marketing is also easier. For example, you can use online channels to promote a new product or service and then follow up with targeted emails to nurture them into becoming customers.
Digital marketing also allows you to track and analyse customer behaviour. This allows you to understand what’s driving people to your website and what’s motivating them to take action once they get there. For instance, you can use an attribution model to determine which touchpoints are most influential in the customer journey. This allows you to put more effort into the channels most likely to convert customers, increasing your sales and profits.
As a result, digital marketing is becoming increasingly crucial for businesses of all sizes. Not only does it allow you to reach a wider audience, but it also can be more cost-effective than traditional marketing methods. This is especially true for small businesses that might need more money to advertise on TV or in a magazine.
What are Some Downsides of Using Digital Marketing?
While digital marketing has numerous advantages, there are a few potential disadvantages to consider. These can include the need for consistent monitoring and adaptation due to rapidly evolving digital trends and technologies, the potential for information overload and ad fatigue among consumers, the risk of privacy concerns and data breaches, and the challenges of standing out in a crowded online marketplace.
Digital marketing is a great tool that helps businesses to market their products and services to their target audience in an effective way. It also allows them to reach a global audience in less time and regardless of geographical boundaries. However, this type of marketing has some downsides that business owners should be aware of.
The first disadvantage of digital marketing is that it can be challenging to manage and control. Because digital marketing is highly reliant on technology, there are a lot of moving parts that need to be managed. This can be challenging for businesses that don’t have the technical resources to handle it. It can also be challenging to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. This is because digital marketing is constantly changing, and what works one year may not work the next.
Another downside of digital marketing is that it can be expensive. To do digital marketing effectively, companies must invest in technological gadgets and hire technical specialists to oversee the process. This can challenge small and medium-sized businesses that need help with budget constraints.
Additionally, digital marketing can be time-consuming. Creating and optimising online content can take up a lot of time, and keeping up with digital marketing trends is essential to stay competitive. Additionally, tracking the results of digital marketing campaigns to determine their return on investment is essential.
Finally, digital marketing can be risky for some businesses. The instantaneous nature of digital marketing means that any negative comment, review, or feedback can quickly go viral and damage a company’s reputation. In addition, online scams are a common threat to established brands that can cause financial loss.
Moreover, the lack of face-to-face interaction can make building trust with potential customers harder. This can be a problem for some businesses selling high-value products or services. Lastly, the internet can be used for malicious purposes, such as hacking or cybersquatting, damaging a company’s reputation and leading to legal action.
In conclusion, the benefits of digital marketing far outweigh the downsides. It’s a great way to reach a global audience, increase brand loyalty, and drive sales. The best part is that all businesses, including small and medium-sized companies, can implement digital marketing. With the right strategies and planning, digital marketing can be successful for any business.
With global internet users steadily rising, all businesses must incorporate digital marketing into their marketing strategy. It allows them to reach a large audience at a relatively low cost, which can increase their sales and brand loyalty. However, it’s essential to understand the disadvantages of digital marketing before implementing it.
How Much Does Digital Marketing Cost?
The cost of digital marketing can vary significantly depending on various factors, including the scope of the campaign, the chosen digital channels, the target audience, the level of competition, and the specific goals and strategies employed. It can range from minimal costs for organic social media efforts to substantial investments in paid advertising, content creation, search engine optimisation (SEO), and marketing automation tools.
Digital marketing is a hugely important part of the business world. Almost every company has a website and social media pages now, and it’s also commonplace for them to have a paid advertising strategy. However, when creating a budget for digital marketing, there are many things to consider. This article outlines the main costs involved in using this type of marketing, so you can be aware of them before starting your next campaign.
When determining your digital marketing budget, it’s essential to consider what you want to achieve from the campaign. Whether you’re looking to generate more leads, boost sales or grow your email list, setting clear SMART goals can help to focus your efforts and define your budget.
Once you’ve determined your objectives, it’s time to start planning the strategy. This will involve identifying the types of digital marketing services you require and the project size. For example, small businesses require a more streamlined approach to their digital marketing than large corporations. This will likely result in fewer digital marketing services being required and lower overall costs.
A typical digital marketing agency will provide various services, including web design, SEO, content marketing, PPC management, and social media marketing. These services will vary in price depending on the type of work you need and the size of your strategy. The amount of time and effort required will also play a role in the cost of the campaign.
If you’re hiring a digital marketing agency, it’s essential to be clear about the upfront price tag. Transparent pricing helps to build trust with clients and can lead to a more productive partnership in the long run. Many digital marketing agencies offer a results-based or performance-based payment model, allowing you to only pay for the results you’re after. This can be an excellent option for easy-to-measure services, such as SEO.
Additional costs, such as software subscriptions and overheads, may be incurred when running a digital marketing campaign. When creating your budget, it’s essential to factor these in as they will directly impact your campaign’s success.
The UK’s average digital marketing cost varies significantly from one company to the next, depending on the type and scope of required services. To better understand the costs for your digital marketing campaign, contact a few different agencies and ask them for an estimate. By following these tips, you can ensure that your digital marketing budget is accurate and realistic. Good luck!
Who are the Main Providers of Digital Marketing in the UK?
WPP Digital Marketing
Who are WPP
WPP is a global advertising and marketing services group that operates various agencies offering digital marketing services. Their agencies include Ogilvy, Wunderman Thompson, Grey, and VML Y&R, among others.
Features of WPP
- Creative Services: WPP offers creative services to develop visually compelling and impactful digital campaigns.
- Analytics and Insights: WPP employs advanced analytics and reporting tools to track and measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- E-commerce Solutions: WPP provides e-commerce solutions to help businesses drive online sales and improve the overall digital shopping experience. They offer strategies for e-commerce platforms, optimise product listings, enhance user experience, and implement conversion rate optimisation techniques.
- Mobile Marketing: They develop mobile advertising strategies, optimise websites and campaigns for mobile devices, and utilise mobile-specific platforms and technologies to deliver personalised experiences to mobile users.
- Data-Driven Strategies: They use consumer insights and market trends to inform their campaigns, ensuring targeted and effective messaging that resonates with the intended audience.
- Digital Advertising: They have expertise in audience targeting, creative campaign development, and optimisation to maximise brand visibility and engagement.
Publicis Groupe Digital Marketing
Who are Publicis Groupe
Publicis Groupe is a multinational advertising and public relations company with a strong presence in the UK. They own agencies such as Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett, and Publicis Sapient, which provide digital marketing solutions.
Features of Publicis Groupe
- Data-Driven Insights: Publicis Groupe uses these insights to inform their digital marketing strategies, optimise campaigns, and deliver personalised experiences to target audiences.
- Digital Advertising: Publicis Groupe provides digital advertising services across various channels, including programmatic advertising, display advertising etc.
- Content Marketing: Publicis Groupe helps businesses develop content marketing strategies to create valuable and engaging content. They produce high-quality articles, videos, infographics, and other forms of content that align with the brand’s message.
- Mobile Marketing: Publicis Groupe optimise websites for mobile devices, and leverage mobile-specific platforms and technologies to deliver personalised experiences to mobile users.
- Creative Services: Their creative teams collaborate with clients to create compelling visuals, videos, and interactive content that communicate the brand’s message effectively and resonate with the target audience.
- E-commerce Solutions: Publicis Groupe offer strategies for e-commerce platforms, optimise product listings, and employ conversion rate optimisation techniques to maximise conversions and revenue.
- Analytics and Reporting: Publicis Groupe utilises advanced analytics and reporting tools to track and measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns
Omnicom Group Digital Marketing
Who are Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group is a leading global advertising and marketing communications company. Their agencies in the UK include DDB, TBWA, and OMD, which offer digital marketing services to clients.
Features of Omnicom Group
- Integrated Digital Strategies: Omnicom develops integrated digital marketing strategies that encompass multiple channels and platforms. They align their strategies with clients’ business goals, target audience, and industry trends to create a cohesive and effective marketing approach.
- Digital Advertising: Omnicom provides digital advertising services across various channels, including display advertising, programmatic advertising, social media advertising, video advertising, and more. They create targeted ad campaigns, optimise ad placements, and employ data-driven targeting to maximise brand visibility and drive engagement.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Omnicom specialises in search engine marketing, including paid search advertising and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Social Media Marketing: Omnicom offers social media marketing services across different platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Content Marketing: Omnicom produces high-quality articles, videos, infographics, and other forms of content that align with the brand’s message and resonate with the target audience, driving brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Data and Analytics: Omnicom uses advanced analytics tools to track and measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns, providing clients with actionable insights to optimise campaigns, improve ROI, and drive continuous improvement.
- Mobile Marketing: Omnicom recognises the significance of mobile marketing and assists businesses in reaching and engaging mobile users effectively. Creative Services: Omnicom offers creative services to develop visually appealing and compelling digital campaigns.
- E-commerce Solutions: Omnicom offer strategies for e-commerce platforms, optimise product listings, and employ conversion rate optimisation techniques to maximise conversions and revenue.
Havas Digital Marketing
Who are Havas
Havas Group is a global advertising and communications company with a significant presence in the UK. Their agencies, including Havas Media and Havas Creative, provide digital marketing solutions and creative services.
Features of Havas
- Integrated Marketing Strategies: Havas develops integrated marketing strategies that combine various digital channels and platforms to create a cohesive and effective marketing approach. They align their strategies with clients’ business goals, target audience, and industry trends.
- Data-driven Insights: They leverage these insights to inform their digital marketing strategies, optimise campaigns, and deliver personalised experiences to target audiences.
- Digital Advertising: They create targeted ad campaigns, optimise ad placements, and monitor performance to drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversions.
- Social Media Marketing: They develop social media strategies, create engaging content, manage social media campaigns, and engage with the audience to enhance brand presence and foster customer relationships.
- Content Marketing: They produce high-quality articles, videos, infographics, and other forms of content that resonate with the target audience, drive brand engagement, and generate leads.
- Mobile Marketing: Havas recognises the importance of mobile marketing and assists businesses in reaching and engaging mobile users effectively.
- Creative Services: Havas offers creative services to develop visually appealing and impactful digital campaigns. Their creative teams collaborate with clients to create compelling visuals, videos, and interactive elements that communicate the brand’s message effectively and engage the target audience.
- Analytics and Reporting: Havas utilises advanced analytics and reporting tools to track and measure the performance of digital marketing campaigns. They provide detailed reports, insights, and recommendations to optimise campaigns, improve ROI, and drive continuous improvement.
Dentsu Digital Marketing
Who are Dentsu
Dentsu is a multinational advertising and public relations company with a strong presence in the UK market. They own agencies such as Carat, iProspect, and Merkle, which offer digital marketing services and expertise.
Features of Dentsu
- Digital Advertising: Dentsu provides comprehensive digital advertising solutions across various channels, including display advertising, video advertising, programmatic advertising, social media advertising, and more. They help businesses reach their target audience effectively and drive engagement and conversions.
- Data-Driven Insights: Dentsu leverages data analytics to gain deep insights into consumer behaviour, preferences, and market trends. They use these insights to develop targeted marketing strategies, optimise campaigns, and deliver personalised experiences to customers.
- Content Marketing: Dentsu helps businesses develop content marketing strategies that align with their target audience and business objectives. They create valuable and engaging content, such as articles, videos, infographics, and more, to attract and engage customers, drive brand awareness, and generate leads.
- E-commerce Solutions: Dentsu provides e-commerce solutions to help businesses drive online sales and improve the overall digital shopping experience. They offer strategies for e-commerce platforms, product listing optimisation, conversion rate optimisation, and remarketing campaigns.
- Creative Services: Dentsu offers creative services to develop impactful and visually appealing digital campaigns. Their creative teams collaborate with clients to create compelling visuals, videos, and interactive elements that resonate with the target audience.
- Analytics and Measurement: Dentsu utilises advanced analytics and measurement tools to track and analyse the performance of digital marketing campaigns. They provide in-depth reporting, insights, and recommendations to optimise campaigns, improve ROI, and drive continuous improvement.
Mediacom Digital Marketing
Who are Mediacom
MediaCom is a global media agency that provides digital marketing services, including media planning, buying, and optimisation. They have a strong presence in the UK market and work with various clients across industries.
Features of Mediacom
- Media Planning and Buying: MediaCom specialises in strategic media planning and buying across various digital channels. They help businesses identify the most effective media platforms to reach their target audience and optimise media budgets for maximum impact.
- Programmatic Advertising: MediaCom leverages programmatic advertising technology to automate ad buying and optimise targeting. They utilise data-driven insights to deliver targeted ads across multiple digital platforms, ensuring messages reach the right audience at the right time.
- Content Strategy and Creation: MediaCom assists businesses in developing content strategies that align with their brand and target audience.
- Data and Analytics: MediaCom utilises data analytics to measure and optimise the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Mobile Marketing: MediaCom recognises the significance of mobile marketing and helps businesses reach their target audience on mobile devices.
- Creative Services: MediaCom offers creative services to develop engaging digital ad campaigns, including display ads, video ads, and interactive ad formats.
iProspect Digital Marketing
Who are iProspect
iProspect is a performance marketing agency with a focus on driving measurable results through digital channels. They offer services such as search engine marketing, social media advertising, content marketing, and conversion rate optimisation.
Features of iProspect
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): iProspect specialises in search engine marketing, including pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and search engine optimisation (SEO). They help businesses improve their search engine visibility, drive targeted traffic to their websites, and optimise their online presence for maximum visibility and conversions.
- Social Media Advertising: iProspect helps businesses leverage social media platforms for advertising and brand promotion.
- Content Marketing: iProspect develops content marketing strategies that involve creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to attract and engage target audiences.
- Data Analytics and Insights:They provide clients with meaningful insights and actionable recommendations based on data-driven analysis, helping businesses make informed decisions and optimise their marketing strategies.
- Mobile Marketing: iProspect recognises the importance of mobile marketing in today’s digital landscape.
Digital Marketing FAQS
Digital marketing refers to promoting products, services, or brands using digital channels and technologies. It encompasses various online marketing strategies and tactics to reach and engage target audiences through digital platforms such as websites, search engines, social media, email, mobile apps, and more.
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
- Display Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Analytics and Measurement
The seven Cs are Corporation, Communication, Commodity, Cost, Channel, Consumer and Circumstances.
There are three vital things to remember when working in digital marketing, which is:
- Lead Generation
- Lead Capturing and
- Lead Nurturing.
- Introducing the RACE Planning System.
- PLAN – Create and implement.
- REACH – Increase awareness and visits.
- ACT – Increase interactions.
- CONVERT – increase online and offline sales.
- ENGAGE – Improve customer loyalty and advocacy.
- Effective Targeting
- Global Reach
- Multiple Strategies
- Multiple Content Types
- Increased Engagement
- Local Reach
- Lower Cost
- Easy to Learn
As a successful digital marketer, you should possess business acumen, excellent communication skills, adaptability and creative problem-solving skills, and persistence.
A Golden Circle can help guide customer engagement strategies by honing the focus of content marketing, email, and social media posts. This means that your correspondence, press releases, and advertising will take on a consistent, easily recognisable tone unique to your brand.
- High competition
- Security/privacy issues
- Dependant on technology
Pay-per-click marketing allows you to bid on keywords to target specific audiences or certain platforms, yielding focused and more significant responses.
communication, adaptability, multitasking, problem-solving, curiosity and teamwork are essential soft skills to be successful in digital marketing.
New customer acquisition is the first and most important goal for any content marketer. Building your projects/clients’ brand awareness and gaining new leads are also incredibly important.
Because digital marketing has a wider scope, it will help businesses acquire a global audience’s attention. It can also be cheaper to produce, as you do not need to spend money on printing as you would with traditional marketing methods.
- Failing to Leverage Videos
- Not Investing in Email Marketing
- Not Using Social Media to Its Potential
- Overlooking Mobile Users
- Focusing on paid ads only
- Overlooking Comments and Feedback
Search Engine Optimisation, or SEM as it is better known, is a digital marketing strategy used to increase the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs).
This is the process of generating consumer interest for a service or product with the goal of turning that interest into a sale, which typically involves collecting a visitor’s contact information (called a “lead”) via a web form.
In digital marketing, there are four different types of keywords, which are:
- intent targeting keywords.
- Short-tail and
Compared to traditional media, digital marketing is relatively low cost. Social media interactions, email campaigns and posts, as well as website content which costs you nearly nothing to produce.
Almost any digital marketer will tell you that the biggest hurdle digital marketers face is understanding their target audience, which is essential to creating a successful digital marketing campaign. Other challenges to remember are generating quality leads and keeping current with the latest trends.
While social media does not directly contribute to how SERPs rate content, link sharing across social media platforms increases brand exposure and influences SEO. This can indirectly increase organic search ratings and search visibility through social metrics and signals.
Other useful links…
- The Power of Branding: 5 Tips to Create a Strong and Memorable Brand Identity
- Unlocking Success: A Comprehensive Guide on How to Make Money on YouTube
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- How to Get Trustpilot Reviews For Your Business
- What is Google Analytics?
- Why is Digital Marketing Important?
- How to Start Digital Marketing in 6 Simple Steps
- How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency
- What Is PPC in Digital Marketing?
- How to Become a Digital Marketer in 4 Easy Steps!
- Is Digital Marketing a Good Career? 5 Things to Consider in 2023!
- What Does a Digital Marketer Do?
- What is the Most Popular Type of Digital Marketing?
- Examples of Digital Marketing
- Advantages of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
- What Is a Digital Marketing Executive and What is the Average UK Salary in 2023?
- How to Make a Digital Marketing Plan in 10 Steps
- What Are Digital Marketing Channels?
- What is SEO in Digital Marketing? We Look at 4 Essential Components!
- What Do You Do in a Digital Marketing Internship? We Explore 4 Essential Responsibilities!
- 7 Essential Digital Marketing Skills For Every Digital Marketer
- Running a Digital Marketing Competition in 2023
- What Services Do Digital Marketing Agencies Offer?
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- What is Social Media Digital Marketing?
- What to Look for in a Digital Marketing Agency in 2023
- High-Ticket Digital Marketing
- What Is a Digital Marketing Consultant?
- Becoming a Freelance Digital Marketer
- Effective Digital Marketing Strategies in 2023
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Is it Worth Doing a Digital Marketing Course?
- What is a Digital Marketing Agency?
- How to Become a Digital Marketing Assistant
- What Are the Typical Roles Within a Marketing Agency?
- How to Be a Freelance Digital Marketer
- What is Lead Generation in Digital Marketing?
- What is Content Marketing?
- How Much Does a Digital Marketer Make?
- What is SEM in Digital Marketing?
- How to Get Clients As a Digital Marketer
- How to Make a Digital Marketing Portfolio
- How to Be a Freelance Digital Marketer
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy
- How Digital Marketing Affects Consumer Behaviour
- What is a Digital Marketing Campaign?
- Email Marketing: Ultimate Guide 2023
- How To Know If Your Marketing Agency Is Ready To Expand
- Booklets: How Can You Use Them Effectively in Marketing?
- How To Get The Greatest Results From Your Marketing Strategy
- 6 Kinds Of Digital Marketing That Can Enrich Your Company
- Social Media Monitoring For Small Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends
- Marketing CRM Software - How to Segment Customers
- Pros And Cons Of Different Marketing Channels
- Yell Digital Marketing Quote - Is it Reliable?
- Brands With the Best Digital Marketing Strategies