Four Clocking Systems For Your Business
With the advancement of mobile technology, companies can now clock in their employees outside the office. This helps them maintain an out-of-office workforce while tracking their time in the field. Clocking systems are essential for tracking employees’ hours outside the traditional 9-to-5 work structure. Listed below are four options for clocking systems for your business. Here are some of the main features of each system.
If you want to learn more information or the pricing of clocking-in-systems, you can do so here.
|Best Time & Attendance Systems in the UK
|£2.50 – £3.50 per user, per month
|£8 Onboarding cost for new users
|£2 per employee, per month
|£36 per month
|£517-£895 per year
|£1 per user, per month
|Advanced People Partnership Solutions
|£7 per user, per month
Small-medium sized businesses
Medium-large sized businesses
Planday’s self-contained clock-in machine works with your POS system, allowing employees to clock in and out from any location with GPS functionality. You can also use the mobile app to enable employees to clock in/out within a geographic area, which can help you manage employee timesheets. Once employees have clocked in, timesheets can be exported to your payroll program or saved as an Excel file. It allows employees to request time off easily, set preferred shifts, and swap shifts.
- Planday also allows managers to approve or reject shift swap requests, helping to save valuable admin time.
- The playday app is easy to install and use and requires minimal IT support from managers.
- In addition to clocking in and out, the app has a calendar with news and events widgets that feed essential information about your business. For your convenience, Planday also functions as a communication platform between employees and managers.
- You can also invite more than one employee at a time, and this way, all employees are notified simultaneously, which also helps reduce the risk of buddy punching.
- With Planday, you can monitor employee productivity, keep track of your costs, and avoid fraud.
- The self-contained clocking-in machine with Planday is a handy tool for any size or vertical industry.
- You can create shifts easily, and you can even copy and paste shifts using templates.
- Planday also lets you assign specific shifts to specific employees and open them for accepting or rejecting.
- Planday also allows you to assign skills to specific shifts.
If you’re looking for an automated time clock solution for your business, you may have considered using a biometric clocking-in machine. Biometrics are considered more reliable than punch cards because they work to prevent buddy punching.
- Bodet’s facial recognition clocking-in machine incorporates the FaceStation 2 biometric interface.
- It complements the company’s fingerprint scanners, providing the most secure method for collecting employee hours and eliminating the possibility of buddy punching.
- The Bodet facial recognition clocking-in machine offers customisable touch screens, fingerprint sensors, and card reader functionality
- The device is COVID-19 compliant and will allow businesses to adopt COVID-19 technology by 2021.
- Facial recognition clocking-in systems can also display personal data, such as a picture of the employee, making the process more efficient.
- In addition to time tracking, it will also help you manage flexible shifts, sick days, and PTO. And, because facial recognition is more secure, you can also log time off.
A face recognition time tracking solution can automate and simplify the entire time card process. Your employees can clock in and out of work with a simple swipe of their faces, and your business will receive real-time data of all employee hours worked. Whether you’re a small company with a few employees or a large company with hundreds of hourly workers, face recognition systems can be the perfect solution.
If your company is like most, you spend many hours searching through resumes. It’s a time-consuming task that doesn’t make sense when your staff constantly changes, and you may have trouble filling positions with qualified people. You may be unable to keep track of your existing applicant database or don’t have the resources to create an online site. If this is the case, you will need a time-tracking system that allows you to log hours and manage your workload.
Many companies struggle with billing issues. To bill your clients accurately, you need to have a time-tracking system. You can use an ATS to automate your billing. The software will help you organise, manage, and track time and make keeping track of your employees easier. It will also save you from answering emails and spreadsheets that contain information about every applicant. Time-tracking software should help you manage your employees’ productivity and expenses.
This software can help you identify inefficiencies, cut costs, and improve profitability. With a comprehensive time management system, you’ll know exactly how much time each employee is spending on each project. You can then better allocate your resources and streamline your workflow. You’ll be able to manage your team’s workload better and get the best output from them. Time tracking software should be easy to use, reliable, and offer great customer support.
You should be able to reach the support representatives of your time-tracking software package through phone, email, and live chat. Customer support is vital, so make sure your time-tracking software package offers this service. ATS’s web-based time tracking system for your business offers excellent customer service to help you resolve any problems.
With Rippling’s geolocation technology for business clocking systems, you can monitor your workforce in real-time, track attendance and send notifications. This employee management platform enables companies to comply with local labour laws and streamline payroll and benefits administration. Employees can also clock in and out with the push of a button and can attach documents, pictures or notes from their mobile phones.
The Rippling app syncs with payroll and PTO, providing businesses with a single platform to manage their workforce. Once you’ve installed Rippling’s geolocation technology, you’ll be able to customise multiple devices with ease. In addition, you can install custom software and execute shell scripts through Rippling’s API. The solution can simplify your hiring process, facilitating applicant tracking and sourcing while streamlining your candidate pipeline.
The system also measures time-to-fill pipeline metrics. Another benefit of Rippling’s geolocation technology for business is its security. Unlike other devices, it provides end-to-end encryption, enforces security updates, and locks devices when stolen or lost. It can also monitor device activity and give employers complete visibility into employee device usage and log conditions. The Rippling mobile device management platform works with existing software and lets companies centrally manage their employees’ devices.
OnTheClock’s mobile app for your clocking system includes all the essential features of a timekeeping system. All regardless of the number of employees, departments, or jobs, OnTheClock can handle it. Quickly change employee schedules, adjust clock-in and out times, and publish or share schedules. You can also customise your employee dashboard with notes and activity status. Its user-friendly interface will make it easy to manage your staff and change shifts and other important aspects of your business.
- OnTheClock’s software allows employers to add employees and view timesheets with just a few clicks. It then sends out invitations to approved employees to clock in and out.
- Your employees can use their own devices to log in. After clocking in and out, the software automatically fills out timesheets for you and exports them to payroll.
- OnTheClock integrates with Paychex, QuickBooks, Gusto, Accounting CS, and Accounting CS.
- In-app messaging is another feature that OnTheClock has that many competitors don’t.
- You can message your employees in real-time using your smartphone, which is especially handy when scheduling multiple employees.
- The app also allows you to send employee surveys to gauge their health and productivity.
- Using the app, you can even perform a COVID screening, vital for employees with disease symptoms.
OnTheClock is also accessible for small businesses with one or two employees. For larger businesses, however, the cost increases to around £2.70 or £3 per monthly employee. It is also easy to install. The company claims that the whole process takes only three minutes. Signing up for a free 30-day trial is easy. Enter your basic contact information and add your employees. You’ll be sent login instructions to start using the system immediately.
Clocking Systems – Other Useful links about Employee time tracking:
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as:
Ally Cox is a dedicated Copywriter and Blogger for CompareYourBusinessCosts.co.uk. In under two years, the platform achieved the esteemed accolade of ‘Website of the Year’. Since its award-winning debut, Ally has been instrumental in fostering organic growth for the website, expanding its offerings to encompass comparisons across a diverse range of over 20 products to help serve all your business needs.