Carbonite Data Services
Carbonite is a data protection and recovery company that offers cloud-based backup services for PCs, Macs and mobile devices. It also provides data access for companies who need to recover information lost due to accidental deletion, hardware failure or other events. With Carbonite and its variety of services, a business can protect crucial information from data loss by backing up all devices remotely and securely.
Carbonite Business Information and History
Carbonite has been in the business for many years, after which they have been able to acquire an impressive amount of clients who rely on them every day. The company hosts more than 250 employees in offices worldwide. In 2009 Carbonite acquired Backblaze and Asigra, both companies focused on providing data protection while strengthening their business using cloud technology. Carbonite is backed by venture capital firms, including Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures, founded in 2005.
Carbonite is a reliable and trustworthy option for businesses and individuals looking to protect critical information. They offer many different types of services which vary depending on the type of information a customer wants to protect. The company offers one-time backups, archives, video surveillance and online protection. All customers have 14 days to test Carbonite before entering into a subscription plan, including email support, device encryption, IP touchback, and more. A customer can send one email at any time during their trial, which every company needs to be wary of.
Backing up your data has never been more critical than now. With today’s increased focus on the cyber threat and constant communication with customers and partners outside your company network (think cloud hosting), you need to protect your data from countless threats without sacrificing performance or compromising security.
- Carbonite offers a variety of data protection solutions, including:
- Online backup – Download the application from Carbonite and back up all your data over the internet.
- Server backup – This solution offers server system protection, including physical and virtual servers.
- Secure archiving – This option is a highly secure way to ensure you never lose information again. It offers the ability to set expiration dates on files and folders, both daily, weekly or monthly, so you never have to worry about rediscovering old information again.
- Data access for businesses that need to restore due to accidental deletion, hardware failure or other events. This can be helpful for companies who need to recover information that may be lost due to accidental deletion, hardware failure or other events.
- Benefit from Carbonite’s enterprise-class, downloadable data backup tools and software solutions. From single server backups to real-time, automated backup for your constant stream of live-work – Carbonite helps you protect your critical business data.
Extend your Carbonite enterprise backup beyond your network and into other cloud environments. You can back up directly to the cloud with S3, iStore or Azure if you’re using our cloud. When you choose a cloud provider, they can help you deploy, manage and troubleshoot the service to ensure it’s reliable and meets your needs.
Carbonite offers backup and recovery solutions designed to protect your data on mobile devices. Whether you want to restore a file, photo or video, Carbonite has the solution that’s right for you.
Beyond simple online backup, Carbonite also provides cloud storage capability. By choosing to take advantage of Carbonite’s storage service, it is possible f for users to store their storage data in the cloud instead of on a local hard drive. Carbonite has created an API that allows third-party clients to interact with their Carbonite storage.
Open Cloud Storage (OCS) is designed to provide data integration and management capabilities for enterprise organizations and developers who are simply looking for a MobileFirst Platform-based backend service that enables them to manage data in the cloud by providing access through RESTful services. Or a business to store any data on the company’s servers for as long as needed. It is highly customizable, scalable, and can implement just about any business or application.
Carbonite – To Conclude
Cloud Storage on Carbonite’s servers for as long as it is needed. It is highly customizable, scalable, and can implement any business or application. Carbonite has opened up part of its API to allow third parties to create their clients and servers compatible with its data storage service.
Other Useful lins
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as: