Choosing the best business electricity supplier
So, you have decided to compare business electricity suppliers & switch to a cheaper tariff? How do you know who to go for & who to avoid? With some help from our guide we will explain how you can find the best business electricity supplier & some top tips on bagging yourself the best deal.
Customers often come to us & think that getting a comparison will be complicated or require the kind of information no one can ever find! Luckily, this isn’t correct – Comparing business electricity suppliers is really easy & only requires the following information:
- Your Business Information – You should already know this, its the basics like your company name, size of company, location of company.
- Your Current Energy Company – As it says this is literally knowing who your current supplier is, extra helpful if you know your current tariff too but not essential.
- Your Contact Info – To send quotes any comparison will need the basics, usually name, number & e-mail address.
So you run your comparison & end up with some quotes. Now what?
How to pick the best business electricity supplier.
It can be a confusing task trying to pick between all the business electricity suppliers – there are now more of them than there are weeks in the year! For years the market has been dominated by the big 6 – British Gas, So we have created 5 of our favourite top tips to help you:
- Find our their standard electricity tariff – Providers can offer great deals for the contract & running a business energy comparison may give you a few quotes that are the same. If that happens a good way to differentiate would be to know their standard rates that you would be put on after the offer expires.
- Research their customer service – Ofgem make this easy with their data portal. It shows you customer satisfaction as well as how providers handle complaints. Add that to the usual google reviews, Trust Pilot etc & you should get an idea of which providers are getting customer service right.
- Look for a green supplier – For my company this is important that we use as much renewable & sustainable energy as we can. We feel its key to help the environment as much as we can & that goes further than a bit of recycling.
- Smart Energy Companies – Some energy companies will have apps, portals or smart meters to help you stay on top of your business electricity costs. If you are the kind of company that could benefit from this then its worth knowing who offers what.
- Make them work for you – The great thing about having a few similar quotes is the ability to use them against each other to either give you further reductions or see what they can add in for free.
How to compare & switch your business electricity supplier.
Its never been easier to get quotes & analyse the markets best business energy suppliers. However, if you go to all the individual suppliers & get business electricity prices it can take up a huge amount of your time. Luckily, comparisons like this one have made it easier & quicker for any business switching business electricity.
What makes switching business energy suppliers slightly more difficult is it’s a commodity that doesn’t have “out the box” pricing. For example with your broadband you can easily find out X suuplier charges £35 per month with a £15 install – it doesn’t matter if you are a business with 10 employees or 10,000.
When it comes to business energy all prices are worked out on a bespoke basis. Naturally this means you generally have a bit more room & power to negotiate with the supplier to get yourself a better deal. Using compare your business costs will help you do this because of the amount of business we get for electricity suppliers we can help you get even more of a discount on your business energy rates. In fact, we make it as easy as 1,2,3:
- Request a quote – Just fill out the 30 second form with who your current supplier is, your company name, post code & contact details & leave us to do all the hard work for you.
- Receive your quotes from the best business electricity suppliers – Compare the prices & companies to pick the best deal available
- Pick your new supplier – That’s it! Pick the best suited one for you & sign up. Let your old supplier know if necessary & enjoy the savings.
One thing worth noting is there are occasions companies get refused for a business electricity switch & the usual reason for this is owing money to your existing provider so we always recommend ensuring you are up to date with payments before switching.
How long does switching your business electricity supplier take?
Switching your business energy supplier is a straightforward process for you & usually takes between 4 and 6 weeks to complete. Its important to make sure you are not still in contract with an existing supplier & you provide the details asked for by the new supplier to make sure there are no delays in changing the service over.
Other interesting Business Energy Articles:
Compare Eco Business Energy | Compare Your Business Costs
Business Energy Providers: A Simple Guide | Compare Your Business Costs
How To Compare Business Energy Suppliers | Compare Your Business Costs
2021 Best Business Energy Comparison Website | Compare Your Business Costs
Compare Business Energy Costs and Pay Less! | Compare Your Business Costs
5 of the best tips to compare business electricity prices | Compare Your Business Costs
Green Business Energy – Should I get renewable business energy? | Compare Your Business Costs
Money saving Smart meters for business | Compare Your Business Costs
5 tips for choosing the best business electricity supplier | Compare Your Business Costs
2021 : The cheapest electricity supplier for small business | Compare Your Business Costs
11 easy ways to reduce your business energy usage | Compare Your Business Costs