Atos Unify Collaboration Platform
Atos Unify is a business software suite that combines a collaboration platform with productivity software. The result is a seamless experience that enables employees to focus on the business needs.
The UXP suite includes:
• WebEx for desktop and mobile web-conferencing
• UC4 Workstation for organising work in one place and sharing it across devices
• UC4 SharePoint for project management skills powered by Microsoft SharePoint.
This comprehensive suite aims to empower people with the tools necessary to become more productive. It does this by offering intuitive, collaborative software that is easy to use. The suite also gives employees the ability to collaborate with others anywhere, giving them a competitive advantage in the workplace. By providing customers with various options for communication, collaboration and file sharing, Atos Unify creates an environment that allows organisations and individuals to be more productive.
Atos has created Unify’s organisation-wide collaboration platform by integrating web conferencing with file sharing and business management software into one experience. The platform works across devices regardless of their operating system to ensure users can connect with anyone, anywhere at any time.
Atos is headquartered in Paris, France, but recently have expanded their portfolio with offices worldwide and have sales teams across the globe. Most of the team members working on Atos Unify are based in France, although there is an extensive salesforce across Europe and South America.
The Unify platform has a history of being developed via an agile methodology, which the number can see of sprints completed during 2020. This was demonstrated by a blog post from Atos, where they discussed how they had been able to capture this agile spirit within their development process.
Atos Platform and Features
● Organisational chart management (used for employee self-service for contact information)
● Integration with Yammer and Twitter to allow users to connect across devices.
● Event management (used for organising all events without creating a new event on each service).
● Community collaboration services.
● Project management (used for organising the workload, tracking progress, examining the project’s financials and viewing company performance).
● Business process management.
● Document management.
● Sales toolkit (used for discovering new opportunities and managing/sharing existing ones).
● CRM/ERP integration: Salesforce.com, SugarCRM and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. Collaboration can also be extended to these applications within the CRM environment via Omnisciences’ technology.
Atos have recently launched a program called “Ignite your Innovation”, which encourages startups from all over the world to pitch their ideas to the Atos team. The program will give winners a funded concept in return for equity in their startup. Atos has also announced that they have a ‘collaboration incubator’ launched in June 2016. This will allow startups to gain skills to build and market their products.
The following companies use atos Unify:
• Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, IBM, eBay, IBM Global Services (ISG), AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, SAP, Creative Labs and more.
• Many Fortune 500 companies, including UPS parcels network (Smartfox), Schnitzer Steel Industries (Sharpie) and more.
• A variety of startups, including Twitterrific, BufferBox and Emotiv Systems.
Going from a web-based collaboration platform to one that works across devices is not easy, so Atos Unify started with something smaller, which they then were able to improve and build on, as shown by their history of success. They avoided trying to re-invent how people collaborate by copying other products and instead focused on building the best product they could.
The first set of features was released in late 2012; this means there was a lot of time to discover any potential problems or errors before the UXP team focused their efforts on fixing them rather than new features.
By focusing on each sprint and delivering a functioning product every few weeks, they learned more about their users and how they could improve the product. It also made it easier for people in the development teams to do their jobs.
Atos Unify – To Conclude
Atos Unify is a collaborative software platform that allows people to work together and share information, regardless of the device they are using. These features ensure that companies can make the most of their employees while also supporting them by giving them the tools they need to be more productive.
Other Useful links
Remember to Compare Your Business Costs is here to help your business every step of the way, from business advice or saving you time and money on your business purchases such as: